Dear Friends and Family Near and Far:
With much excitement and anticipation I am writing to you fill you in on some major life changes. Over the last year I have done some deep soul searching and have come to a decision to finally pursue a lifelong dream of a career in alternative medicine. My good friend Carla reminds me that this is something I have talked about for over 10 years, becoming sidetracked by climbing the corporate ladder with a career in corporate training. As I looked toward the next 10-15 years though, I could not find the required passion to continue to pursue this direction.
This summer I began to send away for information on Oriental Medicine and Acupuncture schools, having much success with it when healing my foot and becoming more and more intrigued by it. I visited 6 different schools here in CO, Chicago, and Austin before deciding on the Academy of Oriental Medicine in Austin (AOMA). I will live with my good friend Kerry there and Koda (my 8.5 month old cockapoo) will enjoy the doggy door and fenced in yard as well as her 2 miniature pinchers. I am VERY excited about living in Austin- where the lifestyle, music and arts will fit with my creative interests. My contact info is:
5624 Republic of Texas Boulevard
Austin, TX 78735
Phone: 512-529-7037 (all other numbers are no longer valid)
I left my job in early November and began a program in early October to pursue another dream of becoming a certified yoga instructor. By mid- December I will have enough hours to begin teaching a hatha/anusara style of yoga. My goal is to teach yoga in the Austin area (and hopefully to teens) while I take classes.
Mom will be my co-pilot when I leave CO and head to Michigan on 12/14. We will then venture from there to Austin on 12/27 where my Dad will join us for New Years. Classes begin Jan. 4th!
Along with this transition came a very sad loss of my dear cat Mars. I finally lost him to kidney failure on November 28th. I miss him so much but he had a great life of 19 years- 8 of which I was blessed to learn from his grace and dignity.
Thank you all for your thoughts and blessings as I make this important transition in my life. It is an auspicious time- one that I could not do without the support of people like you. To my CO friends/family- I will miss the proximity but will always have you near in my heart.
Happy Holidays to you and yours during this lovely season. Lots of love and blessings and please keep in touch,
Erika
P.S. You can find my "personal statement" written as a part of my application process to school to learn even more about my journey toward this decision.
1 comment:
Wow Erika, this is so wonderful. I'm very thankful I can follow your journey by reading your blog. I hope you keep it up in this next adventure! And I'd love to visit Austin sometime! :)
Post a Comment